Zocalo Public Square
Thursday, Oct 22, 2020
In the midst of a blistering fight over the future of the U.S. Supreme Court, Zocalo Public Square and the Center for Social Innovation, UCR host a conversation about the role of states in expanding and safeguarding human rights.
Friday, Oct 23, 2020
Presentation by Allan Colbern and Karthick Ramakrishnan at the Politics of Race, Immigration, and Ethnicity Consortium meeting.
Progressive Federalism Panel
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Panel on the future of progressive federalism and the ability of American states to advance key goals that include civil rights, immigrant rights, worker rights, and environmental sustainability. Featuring Elizabeth Cohen, Allan Colbern, Jamila Michener, and Joel Rogers, moderated by Janelle Wong.
Peace Science Society Conference
Thursday, Nov 12, 2020
Roundtable on Race, Ethnicity, and Policing in the United States – More information at https://peacescience.unt.edu
Table of Contents
2. Citizenship in a federated framework
3. National and state citizenship in the American context
4. State citizenship for blacks
5. Worst to first: California’s evolution from regressive to progressive state citizenship
6. State citizenship and immigration federalism
7. Enabling progress on state citizenship